Doob release: a win-win for both Farooki and Shaon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doob release: a win-win for both Farooki and Shaon?

Post by admin on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 am

"If anything was abnormal, it was the delay"

Drawing the months of speculations to a close, Mostofa Sarwar Farooki’s upcoming drama film Doob: No Bed of Roses has finally received the censor board’s nod. The film, which was initially barred by the censor board for almost six months, was finally permitted to be released on August 7, with some adjustments to the original version previously submitted.

The news came as a big victory to the Farooki clan. The director himself has expressed his confidence regarding the release upon hearing the news. “Getting the board’s nod was a must for the film. There’s no reason for it not be released now. If anything was abnormal, it was the delay,” Farooki reacted instantly.

Jaaz Multimedia kingpin Abdul Aziz, who is also one of the producers of the film, took to a more humble way to celebrate the victory. Expressing his gratitude to the movie-goers, Aziz announced the release of the lyrical video of “Aha Jibon,” the only number from the film which has been performed by Chirkutt.

Interestingly, Meher Afroz Shaon, the defendant hereof, who initiated the halt of Doob’s release, also believes that she too, has emerged as a winner, after hearing the news.

When asked whether she feels defeated, Shaon replied that she feels like a winner in this case. “I don’t feel defeated by any means. Rather, I feel like a winner. I’ve expressed the essential concern over the film, abiding by the conventional rules and manners. And the film didn’t get an uncut release. This is what marks my victory,” Shaon said.

“I am happy to think that the honourable members of the censor board took my concern seriously. Because they ordered to cut five scenes from the film and they permitted the release after the adjustments. This also proves that he (Farooki) was wrong and my concern was true. I am grateful to each and every member of the censor board,” she added.

Shaon also wants to wish for the success of Doob but only after watching the final product, which will give her “a sense of comfort.”

The controversy began with the cancellation of the “No Objection Certificate” by the censor board of Bangladesh for the movie Doob: No bed of roses based on allegations brought up by Meher Afroz Shaon, late Humayun Ahmed’s wife. Shaon said that the content might turn out to be harmful for the late writer’s image.

Farooki has repeatedly said that this film is not based on the legendary writer of Bangladesh. However, a renowned journalist from Kolkata said that the director had previously comfirmed him that the movie is related to the Humayun Ahmed’s life.

However, the Irrfan Khan starrer film has already started to garner critical acclaim from critics abroad. The film has also premiered at the Shanghai Film Festival and was also screened at the 39th Moscow International Film Festival where it was honoured with the prestigious Kommersant award.

The film has been produced by Abdul Aziz and Irrfan Khan under the banner of Jaaz Multimedia and Irrfan Khan Films. Doob stars Bollywood star Irrfan Khan, Kolkata’s Parno Mittra, Bangladesh’s Nusrat Imrose Tisha and Rokeya Prachy among others.
admin
Admin

http://dhallywood.123.st

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum